The Senior Public Relations Manager will support the Director of Global PR on global strategy development and implementation. Industry leader offers an exceptional career opportunity to join one of the world’s most iconic brands. Manage and coach the PR team and agency on initiatives to promote and protect the brand via proactive media outreach and reactive public relations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively seek positive press opportunities to help build sales, build profits, build stores and recognize the outstanding Subway family stories.
- Collaborate on the development and execution of a media editorial calendar to ensure that all national and local level PR efforts support the goals and all team have the tools and resources needed to succeed.
- Conduct regular training and coaching for the regional office PR teams in conjunction with the consumer PR manager.
- Work with the customer care and reactive social media teams to ensure issues get addressed appropriately and in a timely fashion.
- Continually conduct a risk assessment and adjust statements and processes to ensure the team is prepared to respond.
- Manage the day to day operations of the PR Agency to maintain a high level of output and ROI for the work they do.
- Serve as one of the on-call PR team members on the Incident Management Team.
Position: Senior Public Relations Manager
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Journalism or Communications preferred
- 7+ years experience to include team management; consumer product in retail, hospitality, restaurant/food and beverage industry viewed very favorably
- PRSA member preferred
- Superior writing skills
- Excellent media relations and measurable experience and knowledge
- Highly creative to find new, compelling ways to reach consumers