A leading consumer products company that uses direct response advertising to maximize the potential of innovative, quality products and sustainable brands.
The Senior Marketing Analyst will be a key member of the marketing team to develop, design and conduct detailed market analyses for new/existing products, make recommendations for marketing strategies and business plans that will influence marketing effectiveness.
This position will handle large data streams from disparate sources and transform data to create a story with actionable insights and will translate raw data and marketing results into easy to understand findings including preparation of executive summaries and ecommerce business reviews.
Position: Senior Marketing Analyst
Tasks and Primary Responsibilities
- Work in partnership with IT to evaluate current systems, tools, capabilities and data collection. If applicable, the Senior Market Analyst will create databases, capture market data and fill any data gaps using internal resources and outside vendors
- Measure effectiveness of current marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies
- Complete ad-hoc analytics projects, i.e., customer profiling, cross-shop analyses, program measurement, leveraging our customer database through SAS / SQL
- Provide foundation for marketing analytics, reporting on Key Performance Indicators and present findings with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Track and analyze marketing and sales trends, forecasts and prepare reports in order to measure the effectiveness of programs
- Collaborate with cross function teams, e.g., Sales, Finance, Merchandising, Product, to understand the impact of analysis across other areas of the business
- Design and analyze experiments to support product development
- Research and analyze business trends, internal data, external data and customer behavior data to identify opportunities and propose solutions focused on retail channels
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree viewed favorably
- 5 – 7+ years’ similar experience working within an eCommerce environment
- Ability to gather and analyze large sets of data; experience leveraging and analyzing unstructured data
- This individual is expected to be highly analytical and is proficient in communicating results to a broad audience
- Ability to Write ETL to aggregate data from disparate sources
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics Premium and other web analytic tools
- Experience with online advertising platforms: AdWords, Facebook, DoubleClick
- Define relevant metrics and communicate them clearly across business functions
- Research and analyze business trends, internal/external data and customer behavior to identify opportunities and solutions focused on retail channels
- Analytics skills including data visualization: e.g., Tableau, MicroStrategy, Spotfire. Utilize data visualization to create meaningful dashboards that translate complex marketing queries into easy to understand reports for a variety of end-users
- Strong MS Excel, SQL, and SAS experience
- Knowledge of languages for Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science: R, Python
- Familiar with web-based survey software, e.g. Qualtrics and statistical software programs such as Sawtooth a plus
- Experience leveraging clickstream data preferred
- Experience working across social channels – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest
- Apply Best Practices and Best in Class Data Analytics
This position is closed.
If you would like to find out about other
current job openings, register with us today!