Leading direct response consumer products company providing product development for retail sales and direct response television promotion.
The Senior Manager, Product and Merchandising will partner with the Sr. VP, Merchandising to identify new innovative products suitable for commercialization. The ideal candidate will have a passion for product merchandising and a keen native instinct and experience identifying strong-selling products in consumer-goods, direct response environment.
Position: Senior Manager – Product Sourcing and Merchandising
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- An undergraduate degree with minimum 3-5 years’ experience preferred and could include Buyer, Catalog merchandising, Consumer Goods product planning, mail order or retail buying. Shopping channel and/or product selection experience is a plus and viewed favorably
- Candidate must be a self-starter. Ability to work independently is critical to meet responsibilities, goals and performance expectations
- Excellent organization skills and presentation skills with ability to ‘pitch’ product to the senior management team
- Knowledge of the DRTV business model is extremely beneficial
- Advanced computer skills: strong Power Point, Microsoft Office, Internet savvy
- Shop domestic and foreign markets for new products; work with sourcing, acquisition and sales team to source exclusive private label or direct import items
- Manage the new product selection process by following up on trade show product leads, gather product information and samples, and coordinate activity with senior sourcing and marketing
- Present product findings to the management team and manage products forward
- Represent the Company at Trade Shows and build relationships within the industry