Our client is the leading supplier of colour and associated art material products across the world, including products such as brushes and surfaces which are designed for use by artists of all abilities. They enjoy over a one-third share of the world market for artists’ colours, as well as being a leading supplier of colour products to the education and craft markets.
Over the next 2-3 years our client will be undertaking a transformation from a “paint maker” to a life style business. This will involve a transformation of all aspects of the business including transformation of the Commercial function. Working with the North American Commercial Director, VP of Marketing and the wider local management team the Sales Director – FA Multiples will have an integral role in shaping the North America business in this key leadership role. The role is responsible for leading the profitable achievement of revenue and growth objectives associated with the market and channel through the effective management of the fine art multiples sales team’s productivity, directing their effort in order to have the greatest overall impact on company results whilst living our company values of openness, quality, innovation and passion
Position: Sales Director – Fine Art Multiples
1. Channel Management
- Proactively manages and leads the sales activity and effort among Fine Art Multiples sales team ensuring that the channel delivers to plan both on and off line.
- Responsible for developing and delivering the channel strategy Business Plan in Fine Art Multiples through close liaison with VP Marketing as well as Brand Marketing and Customer Marketing Directors. Identify priorities and resources as required.
- Coordinate the involvement of sales support personnel, including customer support, service, and management resources, so that FA KA team performance objectives and customers’ expectations are met.
- Ensure the timely and in depth tracking of sales results and marketing activity, delivering insightful analysis of brand and channel/customer performance. Lead reporting efforts, ensuring that accurate reports based on sound analytics are completed on a timely basis – Use sales out (scan data) as well as sales in data from key customers to help ensure market intel is well understood and correct decisions made on promotions, forecasting etc.
- Lead the development of the Channel and brand promotional strategy to deliver against company and channel strategy through coordination with marketing and Directors of other sales channels.
- Be a leader in the institutionalising of a test and learn and ROI ethos.
2. Account Development
- Ensure the development of annual account plans for each customer with executable plans on how to expand sales and consumer reach in their business. Account business plans should be aligned with company and channel strategy, executed and measured.
- Guide, lead and manage KA team to generate profitable selling opportunities by developing relationships with account decision makers.
- Ensure market-level promotional and business objectives are met by the KA team in line with company and channel strategy.
- Facilitate the work of the sales team to focus on education of consumers including: Staff training, product demos and sampling along with optimal concurrent promotional calendar.
- Be a leader in the ‘Red Hot in Retail’ company strategy to be ‘best in class’ in visual presentation in store and on line.
3. Personal Skills
- Set the pace, tone and agenda for the Channel assuring alignment with company Business Plan.
- Manage all aspects of running an efficient KA sales team, including prioritizing hiring, supervising, coaching, motivating and identify training needs.
- Clear and concise communication and collaboration with Marketing and the Field Sales Director to ensure complete awareness of what is happening at customer’s stores.
- 5-8 years of sales and/or marketing experience in the consumer products sector including national customer HQ management and at least 4 years of sales line management experience.
- Demonstrated skills in achieving sales, profitability, and budget goals.
- Proven experience in developing and effectively implementing sales and marketing strategies, including channel specific strategy, and monitor channel and category performance versus plan and communicate accordingly.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent IT skills specifically, Word, Excel and PowerPoint together with proven experience of drilling into ERP sales data bases.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.