Celebrating a 30-year history this year, the client has successfully produced 6,000+ conferences providing business intelligence for decision makers. Headquartered in New York City, the Company produces 140 events each year, attended by thousands of senior delegates.
Position: Marketing Manager
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development, planning, budgeting and implementation of integrated business-to-business marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate will be both analytical and creative and have the ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Create the marketing strategy and develop marketing plans accordingly
- Coordinate and execute ongoing marketing initiatives
- Execute ALL aspects of direct marketing from: target market segmentation; internal database selections; social media; list rentals or exchanges; brochure design and printing; website postings; event online listings; media partner acquisition; PR & additional event exposure; coordination of all mailing, email and telesales efforts included in the marketing mix
- Develop and manage a budget for each specific marketing campaign
- Conduct market analysis
- Select and segment target groups
- Work with desktop publishing department to design conference marketing creative pieces and print advertisements
- Work with external suppliers (mail house, creative agencies, email marketing providers to coordinate creative campaigns, mail dates etc.)
- Drive engagement across social media channels
- Assessing current and prospective customer retention and acquisition strategies
- Developing media relations with local media and targeted trade publications in order to raise the profile of the conference
- Conducting market research; identification of industry trends; and monitoring competitive industry events
Skills and Experience
- College degree (Marketing or Business degree or equivalent preferred)
- 3 – 4 years’ experience in conference marketing or related field is preferable
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Solid numeric abilities and experience with quantitative analysis
- Highly motivated, proactive and problem solver
- Communicate effectively with excellent verbal and written skills
- Results oriented
- Deadline driven
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation and relationship building skills
- Customer focused
- Strong research skills
- Self-directed, able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
This position is closed.
If you would like to find out about other
current marketing manager jobs, register with us today!