Established consumer goods, growth-driven, trendy niche apparel company in retail, wholesale, licensing, and manufacturing is looking to expand their business and expand their direct-to-consumer online business.
Position: Marketing Director
The new Marketing Director position will have a broad knowledge of the apparel business at all levels to lead, establish and coordinate all marketing functions including expanding ecommerce. This is a hands-on, front line position requiring previous experience operating in a multi-channel marketing environment (licensing, wholesale, brick-and-mortar retail, direct mail, online, social media).
The Marketing Director will leverage online marketing expertise to develop the strategic direction for direct-to-consumer online shopping and overall web presence, retail brands strategy, merchandising, and innovative licensing.
The key to this new position will be a highly enthusiastic spirit and passion to join dedicated owners and management as senior marketing lead to drive growth and capture unlimited potential in their category.
Strategic Planning: This senior position will develop a comprehensive integrated marketing plan to include brand management, merchandising, product/portfolio management, project management, competition, trade.
Additional responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
Brand Management: Strong understanding of brand positioning, competitive positioning, retail distribution and the retail environment. Rebrand the website with a brand elevating focus and online shopping experience.
Ecommerce: Experience in ecommerce, digital marketing, direct marketing environment required. Experience working within an ecommerce-enabled website environment, developing campaigns and strategies to drive both traffic and sales. Manage the social media efforts and grow audience and customer/fan interactions.
Skills and Experience
- Solid and well-rounded business skills and background across all marketing disciplines
- Minimum 8-10 years experience in Branded Consumer Goods Industry with emphasis on the apparel industry and direct-to-consumer/ecommerce
- Evaluate internal/external marketing resources and make recommendations for enhancements and improvements as needed
- Ability to address Process Management to define, measure, report and improve processes to meet business goals and requirements
- Licensing experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of the key relationships between sales, marketing and customer service
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable with productive change
- Strategic and visionary thinking
- Ability to leverage social media as a marketing tool (Facebook and mobile apps) as well as experience with quantifiable marketing campaigns, email marketing and product launches