A unique for profit association based in NYC providing business intelligence to senior decision-makers world-wide, reporting on trends and developments across all major industry sectors. Conferences and Workshops are offered throughout the year and provide a think tank environment for business executives.
The HR Generalist/Manager is a quick learner who will execute all people-related initiatives that support and develop a team-oriented, high performance culture. The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, and be flexible and adaptive to a fast-paced business environment, while demonstrating initiative and accountability. As the HR Generalist, you will participate in activities related to recruiting, new hire orientation, employee relations, benefits, compliance, performance reviews, payroll, and disability, leaves of absence, worker’s compensation and employee programs.
Position: HR Generalist/Manager
- Partner with operating department heads on personnel development, training, skill building, and employee satisfaction on a continuous basis
- Provide guidance to employees regarding compensation and employee benefit programs, while managing health and welfare eligibility, 401k, paid time off, and employee assistance (this includes handling all new hire and annual open enrollment)
- Work with Operating Department Heads to design effective compensation plans in the context of the overall employee compensation budget
- Participate in the recruiting process, including but not limited to: recruiting, interviewing, testing, and selecting employees to fill vacant positions
- Enforce Human Resources policies and procedures. Assist with disciplinary decisions to ensure compliance with policies and attend disciplinary meetings, and/or termination meetings as needed.
- Execute HR aspects of new hire on-boarding processes including in-house training, development, and follow-up
- Maintain a positive, productive, and cohesive work environment by dealing with workplace conduct, conflict resolution, counseling, employee engagement, etc.
- Take on special projects while demonstrating initiative.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources is desired, or comparable combination of education and experience; HR Certification (PHR/SPHR) is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years previous human resources experience, with demonstrated competencies in organizational development, legal compliance, staffing, and proactive problem solving
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail, while managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines and taking accountability for results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of employment laws and ability to develop policies to maintain compliance with applicable laws
- Ability to interact with people in a manner that displays tact, professionalism and sensitivity