A unique established, 30-year organization focused on providing business intelligence that senior decision-makers need to respond to global challenges including monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors with a view to providing information on the leading edge. As a think tank model, the Company operates as part of an international group with offices in London and Toronto and together offers over 400 conferences and workshops annually attended by delegates from around the world.
Position: Conference and Event Producer
The Conference Producer is a unique, expansive critical contributor combining a think tank model with corporate business topics and a law firm. This key position provides an outstanding career foundation for the select individual who is exploring a versatile and serious international career path.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial passion with a creative, resourceful intellect who will enthusiastically seek the challenge of identifying new ideas, following and researching global business trends and develop events and conferences relevant to legal, life sciences, energy, government, healthcare, human resources, transportation, financial and communications markets.
- Conduct research, analyze and apply critical thinking to develop commercial conferences and events that meet the needs of the market
- Identify, invite and confirm appropriate speakers for conferences and events
- Write marketing copy for promotional brochures and other direct mail pieces
- Conduct ongoing research to further industry knowledge and develop potential new conference ideas
- Establish and maintain relationships with key professionals, industry leaders, senior executives and media within relevant vertical markets
- Attend and oversee conferences, including providing opening introduction, speaker assistance and support
- Provide marketing with strategic information to market conferences
- In collaboration with management generate and validate new conference topics in new areas
Requirements and Skills
- Minimum 2 years business experience
- Conceptual ability to rapidly develop competent knowledge on diverse topics
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Ability to communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization
- Enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to analyze ideas from a commercial perspective