High profile thought leadership technology corporation serving financial services and financial professionals.
The Position – Thought Leadership Initiatives
Develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy to promote a bi-weekly news broadcast. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide direction and promotional content deliverables to multimedia team, graphic designers and other partners, oversee creative development and execution of content and communications activities to raise awareness and engagement
- Identify best channels and tactics to attract new attendees, including collaborating with teams to gain exposure among existing and potential members
- Writing and deploying bi-weekly newsletter
- Manage podcast platform, including uploading recordings after each broadcast
- Support development of PowerPoint slides to integrate visual storytelling to clearly and effectively communicate key messages
- Collaborate across the Marcomm team to identify opportunities to promote the broadcast
- Maintain and update annual advertising budget
- Reporting on success of campaigns and content
- Support the execution and promotion of deliverables for initiatives including whitepapers, blogs, videos, presentations and more
Position: Communications Manager
Reports to: Associate Director Corporate, Communications & PR
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Corporate Communications and Content
- Work closely with the Associate Director–Corporate Communications and PR and executive leadership, to bolster the Company’s story, image and reputation; support its business-to-business offerings; and help the marketing and sales teams raise awareness of products and flagship events.
- Draft and develop press releases, articles, bylines, blogs, videos, social posts, infographics, web copy, executive presentations and other content that supports outbound engagement.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant trade, business and finance reporters and external influencers.
- Support proactive PR announcements and launches, capitalizing on the news cycle to deliver timely and relevant content to advance the Company’s message and awareness of its products and solutions.
- Track and report quantitative and qualitative metrics and results to evaluate the effectiveness of PR strategies and ensure quality standards.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to create marketing collateral sufficient with business acumen. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills knowledge of Office Suite, PowerPoint, Excel and general ticketing systems.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university; and at least three years related communications experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent writing skills and demonstrated success writing content for a variety of business needs including digital/social copy, bylines, press releases, blogs, emails, etc.
- Familiarity with media measurement and distribution tools, including Cision.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and with limited oversight to produce results.
- Good time management skills required.
- Ability to travel, if needed, a few times a year.