Our client is a leading global consumer products company with multiple brands in a unique, highly specialized category, encompassing a wide retail customer base.
The Account Manager is responsible for developing and guiding the implementation of the account specific business plan; achieving account profitability, sales and growth targets; serving as the primary account contact providing clear analytics on account performance; providing account leadership. Responsibility focuses on increased distribution of the core branded portfolio for permanent planogram space and seasonal displays with the facilitation of consumer pull and consumer engagement playing a key role in this activity.
Position: Account Manager
Reports to: VP Sales- Americas
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Monitor performance of Key Accounts and implement account management plans that maximize profitable volume performance and product range portfolio at retail.
- Develop account strategies including merchandiser expansion in accordance with overall channel strategy.
- Forecast, budget and track account revenues and cost in line with agreed budgetary targets.
- Partner with the Account and challenge the Account to grow their business through account Brand goals and business plan.
- Negotiate yearly trading terms, (growth co-op, ad allowance), price structures, and promotional investments with Accounts to ensure greatest return of investment. This negotiation must be coordinated with VP Sales until agreed to conclusions are approved.
- Coordinate consumer driven opportunities with your Key Account retailers specific to familiarizing consumers with our top brands.
- Partner with the Account Manager in promotional development and advertising to facilitate account activity.
- Drive and implement advertising and promotional plan, additionally gathering and maintaining historical results from these plans.
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of account sales – NOT in food category
- Experience managing key account customers
- Demonstrated skills in achieving sales, profitability, and budget goals
- Ability to effectively monitor category performance versus plan and communicate accordingly
- Ability to effectively implement sales and marketing strategies
- Ability to understand trade spending effectiveness (efficiency of promotional activity is preferred)
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent IT skills specifically, Word, Excel and Powerpoint together with proven experience of drilling into ERP sales data bases