Our client is a leading global consumer products company with multiple brands in a unique, highly specialized category, encompassing a wide retail customer base.
The Account Manager is responsible for developing and guiding the implementation of the account specific business plan; achieving account profitability, sales and growth targets; serving as the primary account contact providing clear analytics on account performance; providing account leadership. Responsibility focuses on increased distribution of the core branded portfolio for permanent planogram space and seasonal displays with the facilitation of consumer pull and consumer engagement playing a key role in this activity.
Position: Account Manager
- Monitor performance of Key Accounts and implement account management plans that maximize profitable volume performance and product range portfolio at retail.
- Develop account strategies including merchandiser expansion in accordance with overall channel strategy.
- Forecast, budget and track account revenues and cost in line with agreed budgetary targets.
- Partner with the Account and challenge the Account to grow their business through account Brand goals and business plan.
- Negotiate yearly trading terms, (growth co-op, ad allowance), price structures, and promotional investments with Accounts to ensure greatest return of investment. This negotiation must be coordinated with VP Sales until agreed to conclusions are approved.
- Coordinate consumer driven opportunities with your Key Account retailers specific to familiarizing consumers with our top brands.
- Partner with the Account Manager in promotional development and advertising to facilitate account activity.
- Drive and implement advertising and promotional plan, additionally gathering and maintaining historical results from these plans.
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of account sales – NOT in food category
- Experience managing key account customers
- Demonstrated skills in achieving sales, profitability, and budget goals
- Ability to effectively monitor category performance versus plan and communicate accordingly
- Ability to effectively implement sales and marketing strategies
- Ability to understand trade spending effectiveness (efficiency of promotional activity is preferred)
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent IT skills specifically, Word, Excel and Powerpoint together with proven experience of drilling into ERP sales data bases
This position is closed.
If you would like to find out about other
current job openings, register with us today!