Founded in 1963, our client is a leading direct marketing company, producing catalogs and websites for consumers in multiple brands and channels. Product lines include gifts, clothing, jewelry, crafts, bedding, toys, and merchandise for travelers and pet owners.
The Web Developer works on the technical design, programming, and maintenance of enterprise scale eCommerce Web applications and related systems. Your tech skills should accommodate a wide variety of Web application development tasks, and initiatives. Covering all phases of the project life cycle, you will work within a cross-functional team to build and maintain custom Web eCommerce systems.
Position: Web Developer for eCommerce
At least 5 years working experience with:
- Microsoft ASP Development
- Microsoft ASP.NET Development
- Microsoft VB, VB.NET, C# Programming
- Advanced SQL programming techniques including stored procedures, triggers, DTS packages, etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server and Database Operations
[Note: Candidate must successfully complete C# 3.0 or Visual Basic.NET (depends on which one candidate indicates) ASP.NET 3.5 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Programming pre-employment testing.]
You should be skilled at:
- Working independently
- Task and project management
- Analytical problem solving, programming logic, and requirements gathering
- Multi-tier client server development
- Developing work-flow systems and solutions that facilitate efficient and rapid deployment of prototypes and deliverables
- Large scale, high volume transactional eCommerce (multi-tier, multi-user) web applications that interface with enterprise backend systems
- RDBMS including Microsoft SQL Server and general database design
- Self-starter with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Minimum 5 years of web programming experience.
- BA/BS in IT or related software engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated excellence in programming.