SAS programming experience, as well as skill in database development, is preferred for this position. This is a client-facing role.
Our client helps businesses engage customers with data-driven insights that reach out and touch consumers across all channels. Powered by SAS, the industry’s leading software for marketing and analysis, these solutions maximize loyalty and return-on-investment with all data — the bigger the better. Offering a powerful combination of marketing analytics, digital technology and targeted creative, our client has helped such customers as IKEA, Hyundai, World Vision, Genzyme/Sanofi and Godiva break through the digital wall for unparalleled connections with consumers.
Company: Marketing Consultancy: Customer Engagement
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus bonus
Location: Boston Area
- The Enterprise Data Architect will serve as the lead technical resource in the strategic oversight and planning of data models and database structural design and development. Oversees the design, evaluation, selection, implementation and support of major databases and metadata structures; reviews and evaluates database performance, risk and financial analysis feasibility studies. Monitors industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
- Develops data and metadata policies and procedures for structural design and development to build, maintain and leverage the data model, ensuring integration with corporate data standards. Provides extensive technical, strategic advice and guidance of the highest level to senior managers and technical resources in the creation and implementation of new data standards and databases. Reviews and assesses technical proposals requesting changes or upgrades to the existing databases.
- Define vision, strategy and principles for data management
- Define standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, searching and delivering all data within the enterprise
- Serve as the liaison between data consumer representatives and data solution development, integration and governance teams
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus
- 1-3 years’ experience in SAS programming or advanced SAS programming certification
- 1-3 years’ experience in retail customer data analysis
- 7+ years in database design using enterprise relationship database systems (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and/or Teradata)
- Fundamentals in marketing and statistics
- Strong service orientation and learning attitude
- Advanced degrees in related fields
For more information, please contact:
203.750.8838, ext. 101