Fast-growing conference and exhibition business founded in 2006. High customer satisfaction dedicated to creating a platform to support Canadian industrial growth and development through discovering solutions to complex problems and business challenges and gain technical knowledge. Based in Toronto, the focus is on Canadian Industrial, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Mining, Oil and Gas and Public sectors. The Company supports a fulfilling, flexible work environment with growth opportunities.
Position: Conference Sales Executive
Reports to: Sales Director
Compensation: Base salary plus commission
Location: Toronto, Canada
The primary responsibility of the Conference Sales Executive is to generate revenue through business development opportunities including selling sponsorship packages and delegate spots. Conference sales is consultative selling. It is imperative that you be familiar with value based selling methodologies and able to apply consistently to deliver results. You are a quick learner and have the ability to communicate complex conference topics effectively to potential customers. The position requires motivation, tenacity and persistence with a high comfort level making phone calls, talking over the phone, and discussing business topics as they relate to promoting conferences and services.
Performance will be measured by the following:
Ambitious – keen to grow business, achieve targets and earn commission
Adaptable – to changing internal and external environment
Creative – keen to find new solutions for customers
Collaborator – able to work with others in a team environment
This is a contract role for 6 months with the potential to become permanent based on success and results delivered.
- Achieve key performance indicators (KPIs) and targets. Customer lists will be provided to help you achieve those targets but you will be required to grow your own lists and develop prospects.
- Able to build and maintain relationships and retain existing customers.
- Apply the consultative selling process to sell sponsorship opportunities to potential businesses and hunt for new business.
- Communicate customer feedback to production, sales and marketing team to help improve existing products and develop future conferences.
- Responsible for multiple conferences. Detailed organization skills, project management and multi-tasking would be expected.
- Able to work in a deadline driven and constantly changing environment.
- Provide forecast reports including prospect lists, lead sheets, tally sheets, reports, updating of data base, pipeline and forecast of revenue.
- Provide the highest level of professionalism and customer service.