Note: The position is located at our client's Silicon Valley headquarters. There is flexibility to do some work from your home office in the San Francisco Bay Area.
This position is closed. If you would
Here's your chance to become a pivotal team member at a dynamic service provider in strong growth mode! Our client's solutions range from industry-leading email marketing technology to powerful social media marketing solutions in four primary verticals: Retail, Media/Publishing, Travel & Hospitality, and Financial Services.
As Solutions Engineer, you will be the go-to expert on all the company's product technologies, responsible for articulating technical benefits and market differentiators to new prospects and existing customers. You'll serve as a technical point of contact for Account Executives and Account Managers from the field sales and client services organizations.
- You should have the kind of powerful pre-sales positioning acumen that helps sales teams win deals
- First-rate presentation skills - strong in both technical and business communication, verbal and written - able to create proposals and documents of the premium quality Fortune 500 clients expect
- Work with customers to identify opportunities to improve their business processes, operational efficiency, and email program automation
- You will conduct Technical Discovery sessions directly with prospects and customers to uncover technical and marketing requirements and identify opportunities to improve business processes, operational efficiency, and email program automation
- Prepare custom prospect/client solutions to be presented within the company's Products and Services suite.
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 7 years pre-sales consulting or solutions engineering experience
- Strongly preferred industry experience: Email Service Providers (ESP's), Email Marketing or other Interactive Marketing Solutions, Web Analytics Solutions
- And/or a proven track record in technical pre-sales roles at software vendors outside of the email/digital marketing space
- Experience with email marketing/digital marketing campaign management, either on the client side or as a consultant, is a strong plus
- Relational database (Oracle, MS SQL, Postgres, and/or MySQL)
- Web application architecture
- Distributed computing and SaaS concepts
- Problem solving, analysis, and design skills (software integration and usage)
- One or more programming languages (Java highly preferred, C/C++ desirable)
- Experience with Web Service APIs
- Email content, creation tools, and languages (HTML, XSL/XSLT)
- Email software and services, messaging frameworks, and related technologies
like to find out about other current job opportunities,
register with us today!