|Position:||Print Production Manager|
This position is closed. If you would
Our client is a world leader in continuity publishing with accounts in 35 countries. Using both print and online publication they are able to create and market products that inspire and inform a wide audience of readers with interest areas ranging from: recipes and cookery, home and hobbies, to entertainment and education.
The Print Production Manager is responsible for the planning, execution and project management of the company's entire process of print production within marketing direct mail acquisitions and fulfillment manufacturing. This includes the supply chain process for all print production requirements from planning, RFQ, through delivery of components and letter shop. In addition, the Manager will liaise internally and externally with vendors, while managing the flow of information to ensure timely and efficient delivery to customers.
- Direct accountability and management of team of print production coordinators to facilitate the production of marketing acquisition material and printed product
- Key driver for planning, production and execution of complex master production schedules for all direct mail and package insert campaigns; proactively hold the entire organization accountable to critical dates to ensure production schedule is met
- Leadership and Project Management of team and effectively manage print and lettershop for all acquisition campaigns to ensure high quality, cost effective and timely production
- Development of team's knowledge of cost analysis, campaign setup and assurance towards quality expectations
- Performance management of all coordinators, delivery goals and expectations and measuring performance
- Work proactively with vendors to ensure continuous improvement and optimal production solutions for new and existing marketing materials and concepts
- Manage postal requirements and ensure compliance to regulations
- Develop specifications for new components with vendors, negotiate effective pricing structures
- Process and track mock-ups, prototypes, electronic templates and printer proofs with vendors
- Proactively communicate supply chain issues to product teams and coordinate solution implementation
- Oversee implementation of new purchasing/planning system and set up processes/rules to improve efficiency of cost quoting process. Ensure link to PO system with purchase order completion including document tracking or order confirmation, shipments and receipts.
- Work with finance on budgeting, forecasting and actual product cost analysis compared to proposed
- Working with the Fulfillment team and vendors develop packaging, fulfillment and postal solutions along with costing analysis for new tests
- Vendor and technology investigations
- Participation and leadership of relationship and business reviews with key partners and vendors
- Bachelor's degree required and 5-7 years experience in a publishing or purchasing, print, lettershop, project management or supply chain management environment, with at least two years previous management experience
- Knowledge of the print production process of 4 color/publications
- Exposure to postal regulations, a plus
- Demonstrated leadership in PreMedia, Print, Project Management or supply chain environment
- Strong attention to detail and operational workflow dynamics to effectively track and analyze the status within the procurement process
- Ability to multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks within a deadline oriented environment
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Commitment to continuous process improvement initiatives and ability to solve problems creatively
- Highly motivated and high level of initiative; inspires confidence to work independently and in support of department goals and business objectives
- Ability to build relationships and work across a multi-product line organization
- Strong analytics and computer skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
like to find out about other current job opportunities,
register with us today!