Tips for answering an interviewer's question
- Listen carefully. If you're not sure about a question, ask for clarification before answering.
- Think about what you want to include in your response to fully answer the question before you begin to speak.
- Answer honestly.
- Always stress the positives and your successes, stay away from negatives.
- Remain on track and do not ramble or give unnecessary information.
- Maintain eye contact and be aware of proper posture..
Common Interview Questions
- Can you tell me about yourself?
- How do you measure success?
- What motivates you?
- Tell me about your short range and long range goals?
- What was your greatest achievement and greatest disappointment?
- What are some of your weaknesses?...
- What constructive criticism have you received from employers?....
- Is there anything else that you would like to tell me about yourself?
- Why are you looking for another position?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What do you know about our company?
- What do you think you can contribute to our company?
- What is your leadership/management style?
- What did you like most and least about your current position?.
- What are some of the problems you have encountered in your past positions?.
- How did you solve those problems? .
- What do you expect to gain from this position that you did not gain from your past positions? .......
- Why should we hire you?.
Questions that you should ask the interviewer
- What qualifications are you looking for?
- What would I be expected to accomplish in this position?
- What are some examples of what others have achieved in this position?
- Can you prioritize the responsibilities of this position?
- Do you forsee these responsibilities and priorities changing in the near future? If so, how?
- What will be the greatest challenge in the position?..........
- Can you tell me about the people who have held this position in the past and what made them succeed or fail?
- Why aren't you filling this position from within? .......
- What is your management/leadership style?.......
- What are the company's strengths and weaknesses? ..
- How much travel is involved? .......
For more information on interviewing